Update: Love the job still. Although, I was thinking about it the other day and I’ve never had a job I didn’t at least like a little, and I look back on all my jobs with some fondness. So, maybe I am just one of those lucky young people that enjoys being productive and being social. Maybe the weariness of the work world hasn’t yet rubbed off on me.
One thing I am definitely having a hard time adjusting to is Office Culture. It’s not (really) the social part, I seem to get along with my coworkers really well and the whole department is a lot of fun. It’s the little things I don’t seem to pick up on.
The following are things I still need to learn:
- A meeting scheduled at 2:30 will not actually start until 2:40, even when all the attendants are in the office.
- The actual meeting won’t start until 2:50 because everyone will talk about their grandchildren, dogs, gardens, or window treatments. Yeaaaaah.
- No one comes into the office at 8 am. No one.
- No one stays at the office until 4:30. No one.
- You don’t really have to be accountable for where you are during the day, as long as work gets done.
- Outlook Calendar. That shit is confusing. Update/Propose a New Time/Tentative/Out of the Office. Gah- where’s the “I don’t wanna” button?