List it: List posts are everywhere. Top 10 Ways to be Happier Today. Three Tips for More Energy. Seven Ideas to Stay Focused. Give us a list. Of anything. Your to-do list for the day. Your grocery list. A Buzzfeed inspired list. Anything.
My Favorite Completely Inconsequential Things From My Day-To-Day Life
- Listening to my husband set up the coffee to automatically brew in the morning after I have gone to bed.
- The way the dog spends his day moving shoes from the corner of our house to his dog bed.
- The way the beveled glass of the front door of our home bends the morning sunlight.
- Connecting with other runners on Twitter.
- Reading on the bus commute to and from work.
- When someone leaves treats out in the break room at work.
- Skiing down the little tiny hill at the chairlift dismount.
- When my Garmin finds satellites right away when I go out for a run so I don’t have to stand around on the sidewalk with my wrist thrust skyward like an idiot.
- Having sharp kitchen knives.
- Dogs in sweaters.
- Long underwear in the winter; sundresses in the summer.
- Socks right out of the dryer.
- When new documentaries get added to Netflix.
- Text messages with pictures in them.
- When I ask my Ricky Rubio bobblehead an obvious question and then make his head nod in agreement with me. Ya know, when I just need that little extra validation.